- Ventilation management and clinical outcomes in invasively ventilated patients with COVID-19 (PRoVENT-COVID): a national, multicentre, observational cohort study
- Prolonged SARS-CoV-2 replication in an immunocompromised patient
- Impact of a nationwide lockdown on SARS-CoV-2 transmissibility, Italy
- The false promise of herd immunity for COVID-19
- The Challenges of Expanding Rapid Tests to Curb COVID-19
- Unbiased screens show CD8+ T cells of COVID-19 patients recognize shared epitopes in SARS-CoV-2, most of which are not located in the Spike protein
- Efficacy of Tocilizumab in Patients Hospitalized with Covid-19
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in U.S. Children and Adolescents
- Risk for In-Hospital Complications Associated with COVID-19 and Influenza — Veterans Health Administration, United States, October 1, 2018–May 31, 2020
- Neuropilin-1 facilitates SARS-CoV-2 cell entry and infectivity
- Neuropilin-1 is a host factor for SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Saliva is the Key Element for SARS-CoV-2 Mass Screening
- Genomewide Association Study of Severe Covid-19 with Respiratory Failure
- Estimating the infection-fatality risk of SARS-CoV-2 in New York City during the spring 2020 pandemic wave: a model-based analysis
- Why Nature supports Joe Biden for US president
- Superspreading event of SARS-CoV-2 infection at a bar, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Immunity, endothelial injury and complement-induced coagulopathy in COVID-19
- Evidence of protective role of Ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation in reducing COVID-19 deaths
- Cluster of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infections Linked to Music Clubs in Osaka, Japan
- Magnitude, demographics and dynamics of the effect of the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic on all-cause mortality in 21 industrialized countries
- Outcomes of Neonates Born to Mothers With Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection at a Large Medical Center in New York City
- Cytokine elevation in severe and critical COVID-19: a rapid systematic review, meta-analysis, and comparison with other inflammatory syndromes
- Coronaviruses: Innate Immunity, Inflammasome Activation, Inflammatory Cell Death, and Cytokines
- Safety and immunogenicity of an inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, BBIBP-CorV: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1/2 trial
- Repurposed antiviral drugs for COVID-19; interim WHO SOLIDARITY trial results
The 5th COVID Reference Edition will be published this month. These are 12 among the important papers we will include in the Epidemiology chapter.
- Comparative host-coronavirus protein interaction networks reveal pan-viral disease mechanisms
- Scientific consensus on the COVID-19 pandemic: we need to act now
- Safety and Immunogenicity of Two RNA-Based Covid-19 Vaccine Candidates
- Curfew in France
- SARS-CoV-2 immunity: review and applications to phase 3 vaccine candidates
- How anti-ageing drugs could boost COVID vaccines in older people
- Evaluating the impact of curfews and other measures on SARS-CoV-2 transmission in French Guiana
- The effect of temperature on persistence of SARS-CoV-2 on common surfaces
- Absence of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing activity in pre-pandemic sera from individuals with recent seasonal coronavirus infection
The 5th COVID Reference Edition will be published this month. These are 10 among the important papers we will include in the Epidemiology chapter.
- Vascular Disease and Thrombosis in SARS-CoV-2 Infected Rhesus Macaques
- Convalescent plasma for patients with severe COVID-19: a matched cohort study
- Rapid, sensitive and specific SARS coronavirus-2 detection: a multi-center comparison between standard qRT-PCR and CRISPR based DETECTR
- Remdesivir for the Treatment of Covid-19 – Final Report.
- REGN-COV2 antibodies prevent and treat SARS-CoV-2 infection in rhesus macaques and hamsters.
- Imperfect storm: is interleukin-33 the Achilles heel of COVID-19?
- SARS-CoV-2 exposure, symptoms and seroprevalence in healthcare workers in Sweden
- Recent endemic coronavirus infection is associated with less severe COVID-19.
- Metallodrug ranitidine bismuth citrate suppresses SARS-CoV-2 replication and relieves virus-associated pneumonia in Syrian hamsters
- Dying in a Leadership Vacuum
- Face masks: what the data say
- Cross-reactive memory T cells and herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2
- Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2
- A Prospective Study of Neurologic Disorders in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients in New York City
- A quantitative evaluation of aerosol generation during tracheal intubation and extubation.
- Risk Factors Associated With Mortality Among Patients With COVID-19 in Intensive Care Units in Lombardy, Italy
- Adolescent with COVID-19 as the Source of an Outbreak at a 3-Week Family Gathering
- Imbalance of regulatory and cytotoxic SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T cells in COVID-19
Trump is still receiving remdesivir, famotidine and dexamethasone. All relevant data on these compounds can be found in our COVID Reference book (for dexa, which was added on Saturday to his therapy, see also the WHO statement below). However, the most interesting treatment he has received is 8 g IV of REGN-CoV-2, a pair of two new monoclonal antibodies, named REGN10987 and REGN10933. Here we summarize the data published to date, based on key publications.
The profound physical impairments associated with critical COVID-19 illness are well known. Many patients with severe COVID-19, especially older patients and those with ARDS, will suffer long-term complications from an intensive care unit stay and from the effects of the virus on multiple body systems such has the lung, heart, blood vessels and the CNS. more >>>
- ACTIVating Resources for the COVID-19 Pandemic: In vivo Models for Vaccines and Therapeutics
- Case Series of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adults Associated with SARS-CoV-2 Infection
- Kidney function indicators predict adverse outcomes of COVID-19
- Superantigenic character of an insert unique to SARS-CoV-2 spike supported by skewed TCR repertoire in patients with hyperinflammation
- The major genetic risk factor for severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neanderthals
- In-flight Transmission of SARS-CoV-2: a review of the attack rates and available data on the efficacy of face masks
- Rethinking Covid-19 Test Sensitivity — A Strategy for Containment
- Dangerous to claim “no clear association” between intergenerational relationships and COVID-19
- Association of a Prior Psychiatric Diagnosis With Mortality Among Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Infection
If you understand French, listen to Duval K. Nouvelle religion : le covidisme. YouTube 2020, published 29 September. Video (4:44): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_48gKagPaB0