Home | 7 Days | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 01 | 02
By Christian Hoffmann &
Bernd S. Kamps
15 March and later
Please find the Daily Top 5 at https://covidreference.com/top10.
- The plasmablast response to SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination is dominated by non-neutralizing antibodies that target both the NTD and the RBD.
- SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines induce a robust germinal centre reaction in humans.
- Development of potency, breadth and resilience to viral escape mutations in SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies.
- European COVID-19 Forecast hub.
- The search for animals harbouring coronavirus — and why it matters.
- Intractable Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Prolonged Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) Replication in a Chimeric Antigen Receptor-Modified T-Cell Therapy Recipient: A Case Study.
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in domestic cats imposes a narrow bottleneck.
- Case fatality risk of the SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern B.1.1.7 in England.
- Genome sequencing and analysis of an emergent SARS-CoV-2 variant characterized by multiple spike protein mutations detected from the Central Visayas Region of the Philippines. m
- Effect of vaccination on transmission of COVID-19: an observational study in healthcare workers and their households.
- ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) protects against SARS-CoV-2 B.1.351 and B.1.1.7.
- PHE monitoring of the early impact and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination in England
- A ‘me first’ approach to vaccination won’t defeat Covid.
- UK will diverge from EU and US on approving tweaked Covid vaccines.
- Increased Risk of Hospitalisation Associated with Infection with SARS-CoV-2 Lineage B.1.1.7 in Denmark.
- Sensitivity of SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.7 to mRNA vaccine-elicited antibodies
- Tracking SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 dissemination: insights from nationwide spike gene target failure (SGTF) and spike gene late detection (SGTL) data, Portugal, week 49 2020 to week 3 2021
- Modelling and predicting the spatio-temporal spread of COVID-19, associated deaths and impact of key risk factors in England
- Determinants of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Italian healthcare workers: a multicenter study
- Antibody Responses in Seropositive Persons after a Single Dose of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine
- 18Fluorodeoxyglucose PET/CT findings in a systemic inflammatory response syndrome after COVID-19 vaccine
- Acute onset supraclavicular lymphadenopathy coinciding with intramuscular mRNA vaccination against COVID-19 may be related to vaccine injection technique, Spain, January and February 2021
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from asymptomatic and presymptomatic individuals in healthcare settings despite medical masks and eye protection
- Assessment of Use and Fit of Face Masks Among Individuals in Public During the COVID-19 Pandemic in China
- Attributes and predictors of long COVID
- Immunogenicity of the Ad26.COV2.S Vaccine for COVID-19
- ex-disaggregated data in COVID-19 vaccine trials
- Age-structured non-pharmaceutical interventions for optimal control of COVID-19 epidemic
- A study on the effects of containment policies and vaccination on the spread of SARS-CoV-2
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in six districts in Zambia in July, 2020: a cross-sectional cluster sample survey
- SARS-CoV-2 within-host diversity and transmission
- Association of Age With Likelihood of Developing Symptoms and Critical Disease Among Close Contacts Exposed to Patients With Confirmed SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Italy
- Gastrointestinal sequelae 90 days after discharge for COVID-19
- Hospital Admissions Associated With Noncommunicable Diseases During the COVID-19 Outbreak in Brazil
- Emergence of a SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern with mutations in spike glycoprotein
- Long-term monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in wastewater of the Frankfurt metropolitan area in Southern Germany
- Group testing as a strategy for COVID-19 epidemiological monitoring and community surveillance
- Sex differences in the evolution of neutralizing antibodies to SARS-CoV-2
- Epidemiological and evolutionary considerations of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine dosing regimes
- Impressive boosting of anti-S1/S2 IgG production in COVID-19-experienced patients after the first shot of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine
- Genome-wide CRISPR screening identifies TMEM106B as a proviral host factor for SARS-CoV-2
- Persistence of SARS-CoV-2 N-antibody response in healthcare workers, London, UK
- Estimated half-life of SARS-CoV-2 anti-spike antibodies more than double the half-life of anti-nucleocapsid antibodies in healthcare workers
- Longitudinal assessment of anti-SARS-CoV-2 immune responses for six months based on the clinical severity of COVID-19
- Antibody Resistance of SARS-CoV-2 Variants B.1.351 and B.1.1.7
- Serological evidence of human infection with SARS-CoV-2: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Real-time tracking and prediction of COVID-19 infection using digital proxies of population mobility and mixing
- Safety and immunogenicity of an inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, BBV152: interim results from a double-blind, randomised, multicentre, phase 2 trial, and 3-month follow-up of a double-blind, randomised phase 1 trial
- Are some COVID vaccines better than others? Interpreting and comparing estimates of efficacy in trials of COVID-19 vaccines
- Acute Allergic Reactions to mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Characteristics associated with household transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Ontario, Canada: A cohort study
- Body Mass Index and Risk for COVID-19–Related Hospitalization, Intensive Care Unit Admission, Invasive Mechanical Ventilation, and Death — United States, March–December 2020
- Novel outpatient management of mild to moderate COVID-19 spares hospital capacity and safeguards patient outcome: The Geneva PneumoCoV-Ambu study
- The in-vitro effect of famotidine on sars-cov-2 proteases and virus replication
- Dynamic blood single-cell immune responses in patients with COVID-19
- The dichotomous and incomplete adaptive immunity in COVID-19 patients with different disease severity
- SARS CoV-2 infections in health care workers with pre-existing T cell response: a prospective cohort study
- Association of State-Issued Mask Mandates and Allowing On-Premises Restaurant Dining with County-Level COVID-19 Case and Death Growth Rates — United States, March 1–December 31, 2020
- Functional and genetic analysis of viral receptor ACE2 orthologs reveals a broad potential host range of SARS-CoV-2
- Early assessment of diffusion and possible expansion of SARS-CoV-2 Lineage 20I/501Y.V1 (B.1.1.7, variant of concern 202012/01) in France, January to March 202
- Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination induced lymphadenopathy on [18F]Choline PET/CT-not only an FDG finding
- Development of Severe COVID-19 Adaptive Risk Predictor (SCARP), a Calculator to Predict Severe Disease or Death in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19
- Targeting glucose metabolism for treatment of COVID-19
- US health agency will invest $1 billion to investigate ‘long COVID’
- Vitamin D and covid-19
- Covid-19 : Les hôpitaux et cliniques d’Ile-de-France vont déprogrammer 40 % de leurs activités
- First Identified Cases of SARS-CoV-2 Variant P.1 in the United States — Minnesota, January 2021
- Travel from the United Kingdom to the United States by a Symptomatic Patient Infected with the SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.7 Variant — Texas, January 2021
- Novel SARS-CoV-2 variant identified in travelers from Brazil to Japan
- Imported SARS-CoV-2 variant P.1 detected in traveler returning from Brazil to Italy
- Stability of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in nonsupplemented saliva
- Outcomes and Mortality Among Adults Hospitalized With COVID-19 at US Medical Centers
- Major differences in ICU admissions during the first and second COVID-19 wave in Germany
- Danish COVID-IBD Study Group. Association between 5-aminosalicylates in patients with IBD and risk of severe COVID-19: an artefactual result of research methodology
- Effect of IBD medications on COVID-19 outcomes: results from an international registry
- Azithromycin for community treatment of suspected COVID-19 in people at increased risk of an adverse clinical course in the UK (PRINCIPLE): a randomised, controlled, open-label, adaptive platform trial
- Neurologic Involvement in Children and Adolescents Hospitalized in the United States for COVID-19 or Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome
- Así puede pasar el aire (y el coronavirus) de unas viviendas a otras a través del baño.
- Covid-19 : l’appel des ordres de santé à tous les soignants, « faites-vous vacciner », c’est un « devoir déontologique ».
- Levels of SARS-CoV-2 Lineage P.1 Neutralization by Antibodies Elicited after Natural Infection and Vaccination.
- Genomics and epidemiology of a novel SARS-CoV-2 lineage in Manaus, Brazil.
- Increased Resistance of SARS-CoV-2 Variant P.1 to Antibody Neutralization.
- Escape of SARS-CoV-2 501Y.V2 from neutralization by convalescent plasma.
- Complete map of SARS-CoV-2 RBD mutations that escape the monoclonal antibody LY-CoV555 and its cocktail with LY-CoV016.
- Why Is the Risk of Coronavirus Transmission so High Indoors?
- Negligible impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants on CD4+ and CD8+ T cell reactivity in COVID-19 exposed donors and vaccinees.
- Effectiveness of First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccines Against Hospital Admissions in Scotland: National Prospective Cohort Study of 5.4 Million People.
- Effectiveness of BNT162b2 mRNA Vaccine Against Infection and COVID-19 Vaccine Coverage in Healthcare Workers in England, Multicentre Prospective Cohort Study (the SIREN Study) Victoria Jane Hall.
- Covid-19 : « A court terme, l’effet positif des vaccins risque de ne pas suffire pour compenser l’impact délétère des variants ».
- SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.1.7 is susceptible to neutralizing antibodies elicited by ancestral Spike vaccines
- SARS-CoV-2 501Y.V2 escapes neutralization by South African COVID-19 donor plasma
- Interferon antagonism by SARS-CoV-2: a functional study using reverse genetics
- Deciphering the state of immune silence in fatal COVID-19 patients
- SARS-CoV-2 on Ocular Surfaces in a Cohort of Patients With COVID-19 From the Lombardy Region, Italy
- SARS-CoV-2 lateral flow assays for possible use in national covid-19 seroprevalence surveys (React 2): diagnostic accuracy study
- Prevalence of Inflammatory Heart Disease Among Professional Athletes With Prior COVID-19 Infection Who Received Systematic Return-to-Play Cardiac Screening
- Risk of adverse outcomes in patients with underlying respiratory conditions admitted to hospital with COVID-19: a national, multicentre prospective cohort study using the ISARIC WHO Clinical Characterisation Protocol UK
- Effect of Ivermectin on Time to Resolution of Symptoms Among Adults With Mild COVID-19: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- Covid-19 : comment la lutte contre les variants pourrait modifier les stratégies vaccinales.
- Estimated transmissibility and impact of SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 in England
- The Potential Future of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Highly functional virus-specific cellular immune response in asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Delayed Large Local Reactions to mRNA-1273 Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2
- Delayed Second Dose versus Standard Regimen for Covid-19 Vaccination
- Retail store customer flow and COVID-19 transmission
- Filtering Facepiece Respirator (N95 Respirator) Reprocessing: A Systematic Review
- Prevalence of mental disorders, suicidal ideation and suicides in the general population before and during the COVID-19 pandemic in Norway: A population-based repeated cross-sectional analysis
- Serious bradycardia and remdesivir for coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19): a new safety concerns
- A living WHO guideline on drugs to prevent covid-19
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, February 2021
- Renewed absence of SARS-CoV-2 infections in the day care context in Berlin, January 2021
- Novel mutation of SARS-CoV-2, Vietnam, July 2020
- The Variant Gambit: COVID’s Next Move
- Assessment of Respiratory Function in Infants and Young Children Wearing Face Masks During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- SARS-CoV-2 transmission risk from asymptomatic carriers: Results from a mass screening programme in Luxembourg
- Low awareness of past SARS-CoV-2 infection in healthy plasma donors
- Shorter androgen receptor polyQ alleles protect against life-threatening COVID-19 disease in European males
- Mortality trends among hospitalised COVID-19 patients in Sweden: A nationwide observational cohort study
- Association Between COVID-19 Lockdown Measures and Emergency Department Visits for Violence-Related Injuries in Cardiff, Wales
- Binding and Neutralization Antibody Titers After a Single Vaccine Dose in Health Care Workers Previously Infected With SARS-CoV-2
- Emergence of a Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 virus variant with novel genomic architecture in Hong Kong
- Acute symptoms of mild to moderate COVID-19 are highly heterogeneous across individuals and over time
- Suspected Recurrent SARS-CoV-2 Infections Among Residents of a Skilled Nursing Facility During a Second COVID-19 Outbreak — Kentucky, July–November 2020
- Semen impairment and occurrence of SARS-CoV-2 virus in semen after recovery from COVID-19
- Downregulated miR-451a as a feature of the plasma cfRNA landscape reveals regulatory networks of IL-6/IL-6R-associated cytokine storms in COVID-19 patients
- Oncologic immunomodulatory agents in patients with cancer and COVID-19.
- Recruitment and Results Reporting of COVID-19 Randomized Clinical Trials Registered in the First 100 Days of the Pandemic
- Study on the promotion of lymphocytes in patients with COVID-19 by broad-spectrum chemokine receptor inhibitor vMIP-II and its Mechanism of signal transmission in vitro
- Open Schools, Covid-19, and Child and Teacher Morbidity in Sweden
- The first eight months of Sweden’s COVID-19 strategy and the key actions and actors that were involved
- A mechanosensitive peri-arteriolar niche for osteogenesis and lymphopoiesis
- Homologies between SARS-CoV-2 and allergen proteins may direct T cell-mediated heterologous immune responses
- Changes in SARS CoV-2 Seroprevalence Over Time in Ten Sites in the United States, March – August, 2020
- Robust SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Nasal Turbinates after Treatment with Systemic Neutralizing Antibodies
- Reduction in COVID-19 Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation Following Implementation of a National COVID-19 Vaccination Program — Israel, December 2020–February 2021
- Increased TLR/MyD88 signaling in patients with obesity: is there a link to COVID-19 disease severity?
- SARS-CoV-2 causes severe epithelial inflammation and barrier dysfunction
- Antibody-induced procoagulant platelets in severe COVID-19 infection
- Therapeutic activity of an inhaled potent SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing human monoclonal antibody in hamsters.
- Trends in COVID-19 therapeutic clinical trials
- Darunavir/cobicistat is associated with negative outcomes in HIV-negative patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia
- SARS-CoV-2 spike D614G change enhances replication and transmission
- SARS-CoV-2 infections in children following the full re-opening of schools and the impact of national lockdown: prospective, national observational cohort surveillance, July-December 2020, England
- Difference in SARS-CoV-2 attack rate between children and adults may reflect bias
- Exploratory analysis of immunization records highlights decreased SARS-CoV-2 rates in individuals with recent non-COVID-19 vaccinations
- Household Transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
- Risk for fomite-mediated transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in child daycares, schools, nursing homes, and offices
- Are smokers protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19)? The origins of the myth
- Signs and symptoms to determine if a patient presenting in primary care or hospital outpatient settings has COVID-19
- Association of Convalescent Plasma Treatment With Clinical Outcomes in Patients With COVID-19: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Association between antecedent statin use and decreased mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19
- Statin treatment and muscle symptoms: series of randomised, placebo controlled n-of-1 trials
Home | Archive | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 01 | 02
The COVID Reference Top 10
By Christian Hoffmann &
Bernd S. Kamps
Copy-editor: Rob Camp