- Regulatory approval of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
- JCVI issues advice on the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- “Safer at Home”: The effect of the Covid-19 Lockdown on Epidemiology, Resource Utilization and Outcomes at a Large Urban Trauma Center
- Systematic review of reviews of symptoms and signs of COVID-19 in children and adolescents
- DElayed COloRectal cancer care during COVID-19 Pandemic (DECOR-19): Global perspective from an international survey
- How did scientists manage to develop safe COVID-19 vaccines in just ten months?
- The Association of “Loss of Smell” to COVID-19: A Systematic Review and Meta-Nnalysis
- Development and Prospective Validation of a Deep Learning Algorithm for Predicting Need for Mechanical Ventilation
- COVID-19 in patients with primary and secondary immunodeficiency: the United Kingdom experience
- COVID-19 in children treated with immunosuppressive medication for kidney diseases
- Association between suicide behaviours in children and adolescents and the COVID-19 lockdown in Paris, France: a retrospective observational study
- Covid-19: What have we learnt about the new variant in the UK?
- Better housing is crucial for our health and the COVID-19 recovery.
- Field performance and public health response using the BinaxNOW TM Rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen detection assay during community-based testing.
- Acute Pancreatitis in a Pregnant Patient With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Association of Paraspinal Muscle Measurements on Chest Computed Tomography with Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Severe Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Lung Transplant Recipients
- What Can We Learn About Psychological Aging By Studying Covid-19
- Assessment of Air Contamination by SARS-CoV-2 in Hospital Settings.
- Clinical Outcomes, Costs, and Cost-effectiveness of Strategies for Adults Experiencing Sheltered Homelessness During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Variation in US Hospital Mortality Rates for Patients Admitted With COVID-19 During the First 6 Months of the Pandemic.
- Decreased COVID-19 Mortality—A Cause for Optimism.
- Assessment of Maternal and Neonatal SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load, Transplacental Antibody Transfer, and Placental Pathology in Pregnancies During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Protecting Pregnant Women and Their Infants From COVID-19: Clues From Maternal Viral Loads, Antibody Responses, and Placentas.
- COVID and 2020: An extraordinary year for science.
- No cases of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare staff in a city under lockdown restrictions: lessons to inform ‘Operation Moonshot’.
- Equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among medical students, Journal of Public Health.
- SARS-CoV-2 Serologic Assays in Control and Unknown Populations Demonstrate the Necessity of Virus Neutralization Testing.
- Cognitive deficits in people who have recovered from COVID-19 relative to controls: An N=84,285 online study.
- Recent smell loss is the best predictor of COVID-19 among individuals with recent respiratory symptoms
- Clinical spectrum of ischaemic arterial diseases associated with COVID-19: a series of four illustrative case
- Association of substance use disorders and drug overdose with adverse COVID-19 outcomes in New York City: January–October 2020, Journal of Public Health.
- Tuberculosis and malaria in the age of COVID-19.
- Poverty and survival from COVID-19 in Mexico.
- COVID-19 infection among first responders in Broward County, Florida, March–April 2020
- Shedding of Viable SARS-CoV-2 after Immunosuppressive Therapy for Cancer.
- Hypertension delays viral clearance and exacerbates airway hyperinflammation in patients with COVID-19
- Temporal trends in severe COVID-19 outcomes in patients with rheumatic disease: a cohort study.
- Risks of and risk factors for COVID-19 disease in people with diabetes: a cohort study of the total population of Scotland.
- Observational research on severe COVID-19 in diabetes.
- Multiple Chronic Conditions, and COVID-19: A literature revie
- Postpartum mood among universally screened high and low socioeconomic status patients during COVID-19 social restrictions in New York City
- New Order, New Hope.
- Climate change and COVID-19 vaccines are among the themes set to shape research.
- Ones we’ve lost
- Evaluation of lockdown effect on SARS-CoV-2 dynamics through viral genome quantification in waste water, Greater Paris, France, 5 March to 23 April 2020
- Neutralising antibodies drive Spike mediated SARS-CoV-2 evasion.
- Mutant coronavirus in the United Kingdom sets off alarms, but its importance remains unclear.
- U.K. variant puts spotlight on immunocompromised patients’ role in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Flay your fart: viral clip calls on public to alter speech to curb Covid.
- Antibody Status and Incidence of SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Health Care Workers.
- Calcium channel blocker amlodipine besylate therapy is associated with reduced case fatality rate of COVID-19 patients with hypertension
- High affinity nanobodies block SARS-CoV-2 spike receptor binding domain interaction with human angiotensin converting enzyme
- Risk factors associated with 28-day all-cause mortality in older severe COVID-19 patients in Wuhan, China: a retrospective observational study
- Genomic epidemiology reveals multiple introductions of SARS-CoV-2 from mainland Europe into Scotland
- Phylogenetic supertree reveals detailed evolution of SARS-CoV-2
- Artificial intelligence predicts the immunogenic landscape of SARS-CoV-2 leading to universal blueprints for vaccine designs
- Afucosylated IgG characterizes enveloped viral responses and correlates with COVID-19 severity
- The SARS-CoV-2 RNA–protein interactome in infected human cells
- A guide to vaccinology: from basic principles to new developments
- Multiplex assays for the identification of serological signatures of SARS-CoV-2 infection: an antibody-based diagnostic and machine learning study.
- A Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibody for Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19
- MIS-C: early lessons from immune profiling
- Novichok nerve agent poisoning.
- Underdetection of COVID-19 cases in France threatens epidemic control
- An estimation of undetected COVID cases in France.
- Occupation- and age-associated risk of SARS-CoV-2 test positivity, the Netherlands, June to October 202
- What’s your risk of catching COVID? These tools help you to find out.
- COVID-19 testing: One size does not fit all.
- The WHO’s chief scientist on a year of loss and learning.
- T cell memory: Understanding COVID-19.
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, December 2020
- The first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in Spain: characterisation of cases and risk factors for severe outcomes, as at 27 April 2020
- The role of social media in spreading panic among primary and secondary school students during the COVID-19 pandemic: An online questionnaire study from the Gaza Strip, Palestine
- Versatile and multivalent nanobodies efficiently neutralize SARS-CoV-2
- An ultrapotent synthetic nanobody neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 by stabilizing inactive Spike
- Severe Covid-19
- Rapid increase of a SARS-CoV-2 variant with multiple spike protein mutations observed in the United Kingdom
- T cell and antibody responses induced by a single dose of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) vaccine in a phase 1/2 clinical trial
- Infectivity of asymptomatic versus symptomatic COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccines: the pandemic will not end overnight
- Cell type-specific immune dysregulation in severely ill COVID-19 patients
- COVID-19 as the Leading Cause of Death in the United States
- Safety and Immunogenicity of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA-1273 Vaccine in Older Adults
- Comparison of the characteristics, morbidity, and mortality of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza: a nationwide, population-based retrospective cohort study
- Deleterious Outcomes in Long-Hauler COVID-19: The Effects of SARS-CoV-2 on the CNS in Chronic COVID Syndrome
- Genetic mechanisms of critical illness in Covid-19
- Emergence of a Highly Fit SARS-CoV-2 Variant
- The association between blood pressure control and Coronavirus Disease 2019 outcomes in 45,418 symptomatic patients with hypertension: An observational cohort study
- Comparative evaluation of clinical manifestations and risk of death in patients admitted to hospital with covid-19 and seasonal influenza: cohort study
- Inferring the effectiveness of government interventions against COVID-19
- PD-1-Expressing SARS-CoV-2-Specific CD8+ T Cells Are Not Exhausted, but Functional in Patients with COVID-19
- Occupation and risk of severe COVID-19: prospective cohort study of 120 075 UK Biobank participants
- Real-Time Conformational Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 Spikes on Virus Particles
- Model-informed COVID-19 vaccine prioritization strategies by age and serostatus
- Treatment of COVID-19 with remdesivir in the absence of humoral immunity: a case report
- Gene editing and RNAi approaches for COVID-19 diagnostics and therapeutics
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, December 2020
- Sexual attitudes of healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 outbreak
- BCG vaccination history associates with decreased SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence across a diverse cohort of healthcare workers
- Impact of comorbid asthma on severity of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Three-quarters attack rate of SARS-CoV-2 in the Brazilian Amazon during a largely unmitigated epidemic
- Phylogenetic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 in Boston highlights the impact of superspreading events
- Baricitinib plus Remdesivir for Hospitalized Adults with Covid-19
- SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination — An Ounce (Actually, Much Less) of Prevention
- Is my cough COVID-19?
- Evidence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in an oropharyngeal swab specimen, Milan, Italy, early December 2019
- Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine
- Phase 1–2 Trial of a SARS-CoV-2 Recombinant Spike Protein Nanoparticle Vaccine
- Cytokine Storm
- Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK
- Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting December 10, 2020.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission in educational settings: a prospective, cross-sectional analysis of infection clusters and outbreaks in England
- Untuned antiviral immunity in COVID-19 revealed by temporal type I/III interferon patterns and flu comparison
- Clinical and Epidemiologic Evaluation of Inconclusive COVID-19 PCR Results Using a Quantitative Algorithm
- Persistent symptoms 1.5-6 months after COVID-19 in non-hospitalised subjects: a population-based cohort study
- Robust neutralizing antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 infection persist for months
- Face masks considerably reduce COVID-19 cases in Germany
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Outbreak Related to a Nightclub, Germany, 2020
- Why is COVID-19 less severe in children? A review of the proposed mechanisms underlying the age-related difference in severity of SARS-CoV-2 infections
- Best Practices in Managing Cardiac Arrest in the Emergency Department During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in a Pregnant Woman
- Correlates of protection against SARS-CoV-2 in rhesus macaques
- Prospective mapping of viral mutations that escape antibodies used to treat COVID-19
- Exhaled respiratory particles during singing and talking
- The UK has approved a COVID vaccine — here’s what scientists now want to know
- Durability of Responses after SARS-CoV-2 mRNA-1273 Vaccination
- Disproportionate Incidence of COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalizations, and Deaths Among Persons Identifying as Hispanic or Latino — Denver, Colorado March–October 2020
Planning the 6th edition. No Top 10.
- Placebo-Controlled Trials of Covid-19 Vaccines — Why We Still Need Them
- The Covid-19 vaccines are a marvel of science. Here’s how we can make the best use of them
- Clinical, laboratory, and radiologic characteristics of patients with initial false-negative SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid amplification test results
- Race/Ethnicity Among Children With COVID-19–Associated Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome
- Long-term SARS-CoV-2 RNA shedding and its temporal association to IgG seropositivity
- Increase in Hospital-Acquired Carbapenem-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii Infection and Colonization in an Acute Care Hospital During a Surge in COVID-19 Admissions — New Jersey, February–July 2020
- Genomic epidemiology of superspreading events in Austria reveals mutational dynamics and transmission properties of SARS-CoV-2
- Low avidity CD4+ T cell responses to SARS-CoV-2 in unexposed individuals and humans with severe COVID-19
- Outdoor Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and Other Respiratory Viruses, a Systematic Review
The COVID Reference Top 10
Copy-editor: Rob Camp.